ARTISANS CENTRE PETERBOROUGH
Canada Summer Jobs Youth 2021
Job Title: ACP Marketing Coordinator – Part Time/Contract
Company overview: The mission of the Artisans Centre Peterborough is to preserve heritage artisans’ skills and enhance the community of Peterborough and the Kawarthas by providing education and skills training to the public, children to seniors. We currently offer workshops in the following disciplines - Fibre, Gourd Art and Woodturning as well as many "Special Interest" workshops. The Artisans Centre is a not for profit company.
Implement marketing plan to promote ACP through multiple forms of media (social, print, news releases, word of mouth) to encourage greater child, senior and family participation in an expanding program of activities and events.
Assist with preparation, implementation and recording of classes, workshops and events.
Contact: For questions, or to apply, please contact Gillian Holden at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with implementing Corona Virus safety procedures and practices for the ACP and required safety standards during all activities and events.
2. Implement ACP’s marketing plan that has an emphasis on expanding our activities to encourage child and family participation.
3. Develop and implement a child and family focused series of events at the centre. Using the resources of the instructors available at the centre, organize, coordinate, and assist in the implementation of a series of events for families and children.
4. Gather, correlate and report on participation rates and social media uptake and provide assessment of response rates and suggestions aimed at improving participation and response rates.
5. Assist with developing and recording a new online workshop program and other new strategies to continue services in a pandemic aware society.
6. Maintain and improve social media presence.
7. Maintain, advertise and further develop the online Gift Shop.
8. Write media releases for traditional media and social media promoting events.
9. Promotion of the centre using the marketing plan to advertise classes, workshops, shows and sales.
10. Layout and design brochures, flyers, posters promoting activities of the centre.
11. Verbally promote the centre’s events to the general public, register participants for classes and assist instructors with any programs the guilds may offer.
12. If the opportunity arises to utilize high school volunteers seeking to fulfill their required volunteer hours to assist with the family and children’s events, you will be required to recruit, organize and train these volunteers.
The ability to quickly learn computer applications such as the ACP website, graphic design programs and videography skills. Familiarity with Wordpress would be an asset. The successful applicant will possess public relation skills and be comfortable working independently at the Artisans Centre. Some Saturday shifts required.
Report to Supervisor, the President of the ACP and ACP directors.
Hours, duration and pay rate
Due to COVID-19, Starting date for employment will be dependent upon the release of certain provincial restrictions as well as the adoption and implementation of health and safety measures at the centre.
Hours may include some Saturdays.
Skills and Qualifications
A student at a college or university or graduate or relevant experience in marketing. Must qualify under the requirements of the Canada Summer Youth Employment Program.